Depression in children is not uncommon. They may occasionally feel blue due to losing in a game or their favorite toys or getting reprimanded by their parents. This is perfectly normal. However, when feelings of sadness and hopelessness persist, they may be diagnosed with depression.
Indications of depression in children may include the following:
- Changes in their eating and sleeping pattern
- Changes in their energy level, particularly being restless and tired most of the time
- A decreased desire to engage in normal social activities in school or family life
- Suicidal thoughts due to being worthless or useless
- Gradually resorting to substance abuse, particularly for children over 12 years old
Various causes can contribute to a child’s depression, such as traumatic life events, abusive environment, and genetic vulnerability. To treat depression in children, they are usually required to undergo counseling and therapy.
At WCAP Counseling, we can help your child battling with depression emerge victorious from this condition through our quality mental health counseling services.
Our mental health and substance abuse counseling in Ohio provides professional advice, motivation, and structured treatment for mental health issues and drug or alcohol misuse, including all the issues associated with it. We aim to help our clients achieve productive and stable lives amidst their difficult life circumstances.
Among the services we offer are:
- Substance Disorder Treatment in Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Telehealth Therapy
- Anger Management Program and many more